Optimum Kinetics Sports Therapy and Personal Training is led by Emma Harris, who graduated from the University of Cumbria with a BSc (Hons) in Sport & Exercise Therapy.
During her three years studying at University she gained a wide variety of experience within different sporting disciplines:
- As part of the Sports Therapy support for the University's basketball team, she assisted in offering pitch side support and operated a drop in clinic once a week for the players to come to with any injuries they had.
- Assisted in the treatment of rugby players at Whitehaven Rugby League before and during some of the player's training sessions. These sessions included massage, taping and other treatment modalities such as ultrasound.
- Emma was lucky enough to get a placement with the Injured Jockeys Fund at Oaksey house in Berkshire, here she worked with the in house team and worked with un-injured jockeys on physical fitness and injured jockeys at various stages throughout their individual re-rehabilitation programs. The injuries she came across during her placement ranged from sprains and strains and back problems to fractures, dislocations and partial paralysis.
Emma is a member of the Sports Therapy Organisation, is RockDoc Certified after attending a course run by RockTape on Kinesiology and Power Taping and is qualified to use Acupuncture as form of treatment.
- Initial Injury/Acupuncture consultation (approx 60mins) - £40
- Follow up injury/acupuncture treatment (approx 45mins) - £30
- 40 minute massage (upper or lower body) – £25
- 60 minute massage (full body) - £35